As of November 1st, all attendees at in-person attendance, and clinical courses at the University of Alberta must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to the course date. Please ensure that you / your staff are able to comply with this requirement prior to registering for our course. You will be required to display your proof of vaccination and ID prior to attendance and access at the course facility. Participants unable to provide documentation of vaccination will need to postpone their registration to a later date.
LEVEL TWO: BASIC NEUROMODULATORS: UPPER FACE AND BRUXISM TREATMENT
Prerequisite for this program is the completion of Neuromodulators level 1 through the University of Alberta CDE.
(For those moving from level 1 of PTIFA you must have completed the full level 1, 1A & 1B including the in person cadaver lab portion)
The LEVEL TWO course is open to all healthcare providers in dentistry, medicine and nursing. Individuals who have completed training through the University of Alberta or through another program are invited to take their education to the next level with our program.
LEVEL TWO will introduce the use of neuromodulators for the superficial muscles of the upper face and for bruxism treatment.
- Extensive review of head and neck anatomy, embryology and histology
- Xeomin, Botox, Dysport: Medical Use, Differences/Benefits, Dosage and Administration
- Clinical anatomic cadaver lab & injection practice
- Clinical signs of cutaneous photoaging
- Effect of sun exposure and aging
- Medical and aesthetic uses of neuromodulators
- Treatment techniques , complications and side effects
- Clostridium Botulinum Toxin and the management of Chronic Bruxism