Contact us at email@example.com or 780-492-1894 for any questions or concerns. Course information, prerequisites, policies, and fees are provided below.
- Tuition for all three levels: $24,700.00 (subject to increases). Additional fees apply if the School of Dentistry supplies your clinical RDA's.
- Session 1 Nitrous and ECG Interpretation: January 27th, 2024 + March 9th, 2024 (for Nitrous) in Edmonton OR May 25th + 26th, 2024 in Calgary
- Session 2 Mechanics and Rotations, ACLS Certification, IV Starts Practice, Two-Drug Lecture: March 10th-13th, 2024 in Edmonton, OR June 22-25, 2024 in Edmonton + Two-Drug Lecture April 16th, 2024 (evening 6-9pm) OR October 22nd, 2024 (evening 6-9pm)
- Session 3 Airway Management, Clinical Session for IVS: April 27th- May 2nd, 2024 (ONLY 1 spot left), July 6-11, 2024, November 12-17, 2024 OR December 14-19, 2024 (all dates subject to change due to school calendar)
- Deadline for registration: minimum one month before Session 1 start date (first-come, first-served for limited clinical spots available). Note that dates may change, and Session 3 is always in Edmonton for 6 days.
- Payment for Session 1 or full program is due as your first payment. All other payment installments are due approximately 3 months before the in-person session.
- Please see the cancellation policies and fees for this course on our website as there are strict rules regarding changing sessions. Once you have paid for Session 1, this locks in your dates for Session 2 and 3 and the entire program.
- DDS/DMD degree and active practicing license from your dental regulatory authority
- Letter of Good Standing from your current dental regulatory authority
- Current Heart & Stroke Foundation CPR certificate (ONLY Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR accepted, due to corresponding ACLS training and certification through the Foundation)
- Copies required ASAP following registration.
Please make sure you follow the rules of your regulatory body regarding immunization. Moreover, we highly recommend for you to be immunized as per the University requirement available here: https://www.ualberta.ca/
media-library/services/health- centre/2023-24-health-faculty- medical-form.pdf
- Tuition refunds will not be facilitated except in extreme circumstances. Transfer to a future session may be facilitated under certain extenuating circumstances and with sufficient notice provided.
- Transfer fee of $2000 will apply for Session 2.
- Transfer fee of $5000 will apply for Session 3.
- A cancellation fee of 20% of the entire program fee will apply for cancellations.
- For Session 3 Clinical, fees will apply if the School of Dentistry supplies your RDA's.
- There is a cost to obtain the requried Letter of Good Standing from your local regulatory body
- Out of Province Participants: additional $500 fee payable to register with the Alberta Dental Association and College's Guest Registry. This does not include the fees to obtain Letter's of Good Standing that they will require from any provinces you have worked within in the past.
- Precordial stethoscope fee of ($1150-purchase through Valuemed).
SEDATION ASSISTANTS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM INCLUDED COMPLEMENTARY
- Accompanying dental assistants (RDA/RDH) can register for the Sedation Assistants Certification Program (SAC) for free.
- Level C or Healthcare Provider CPR certificate required for assistants.
It is very strongly recommended that your assistants attend Session 3.