The Clear Aligners course for RDA/RDH is available online via our eClass platform and is in a self-paced, self-study format (no in-person attendance required).
This exciting course series covers all aspects of clear aligners and is completed in two parts. Topics begin with basic and fundamental information including the history and evolution of Clear Aligners, the terminology, and treatment goals. The course also covers record taking, clinical photography, and taking both traditional impressions and digital scans for orthodontic aligners. Additional clinical procedures covered include delivering aligners, bonding attachments, interproximal reduction, and removing attachments for placing patients in retention. A step-by-step video catalog demonstrates clinical procedures.
- Understand basic principles of orthodontic tooth movement and clear aligner therapy
- Exposure to orthodontic records necessary for ordering clear aligners
- Acquire knowledge and confidence in photography necessary to begin clear aligner treatment
- Exposure to utilizing digital software for clear aligner therapy and the digital workflow
- Become knowledgeable with the clinical procedures for bonding attachments and assisting with interproximal reduction
- Understand the principles, theory, and procedures of intraoral optical scanning technology
- Exposure to information on the incorporation of the digital flow into daily practice
James Mah, DDS, MSc, DMSc
Melissa Shotell, DMD, MS