Canadian youth are growing up in a time in which spending is easier than ever and debt is a way of life.
Personal Finance is Junior Achievement’s new financial literacy program for Grade 9-12 students. The program teaches students personal money management skills including the key elements of personal finance such as spending wisely, budgeting, saving, investing and using credit.
What to expect in this 120 minute program:
- Recognize the role income plays in personal finances
- Discover the importance of planning their financial decisions
- Learn the importance of making and keeping a spending plan
- Assess potential risks to their personal finances
- Learn preventative methods to limit potential losses
Target Audience: Grade 9-12
Date: Tuesday July 19th, 2021
Time: 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm MST
Format: Online (via Zoom)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday July 12th, 2021
A confirmation email with the meeting link will be sent starting July 13th. For all inquiries regarding the Personal Finance Class, please email Stephanie Mah.