AFLCA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer | Online Course
The AFLCA is now offering at an introductory price, an evidence-informed, online personal training course designed to provide the the skills and professional recognition you need to succeed. Our new course is offered at an introductory price for those wishing to begin their new career as an AFLCA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer.
Often used as the foundation for post-secondary curriculum, the course provides the knowledge that you will need to practice safely and successfully. With assistance available, candidates will have supported learning experiences to ask questions through the course.
The AFLCA has supplemented the online course with Canadian protocols for personal training practice. Once completed you will be prepared to take the AFLCA-CPFT online exam. All certified AFLCA professionals qualify for professional registration.
Online Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Course
The fitness industry is an exciting and fast-paced industry to work in, requiring motivated and knowledgeable professionals to teach Canadians about physical activity and exercise. Your role as a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer (CPFT) will be an incredibly varied role where you will plan exercise sessions, facilitate behavior change, give nutrition advice (based on Canada’s Food Guide), and more.
Candidates will have a year to complete the course and become certified from date of course registration.
This course is recognized internationally, including Europe, US, Canada and Australia, and will teach you what it takes to become a CPFT. It is delivered via a blend of distance learning and a one practical skills development workshop (optional). Content that will be covered in the online portion includes (but is not limited to):
- Musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology
- Human physiology (cardio-respiratory, skeletal, nervous and energy systems)
- Pre-exercise screening and resting health assessments
- Resistance training principles and exercise techniques
- Cardiovascular training concepts and exercise techniques
- Flexibility training concepts and exercise techniques (dynamic, static, PNF, SMR)
- Planning fitness training programs
- Communication, consultation and motivation techniques
- Business management
- Basic nutrition and dietary supplements
- Risk management
The skills development workshop (optional) ensures you are comfortable applying the online theory based content, and prepares you for the practical examination. Content covered in the in person skills development workshop involves practice and demonstration of (but is not limited to):
- CHAP (Client Health Assessment Profile)
- Client counselling and consultation
- Development of exercise program and demonstration
AFLCA CPFT certification course requirements:
- Complete the online course
- Complete the skills development workshop (OPTIONAL-but highly recommended)
- Register for and pass the online AFLCA CPFT exam (80% minimum passing grade)
- Register for and pass the AFLCA CPFT practical exam
- Register for and Complete CPR/1st Aid training
- Pay certification fees and provide documents/proof of completion of all required elements to the AFLCA
Your course fees include:
- Advanced Concepts of Personal Training digital textbook
- CPFT Resource manual
- E-learning access (digital content and video lectures)
- Practice quizzes and exam combo
- Written theory CPFT examination *First attempt included* (additional fee for supplemental exams)
- Practical skills examination – *first attempt included* (additional fee for supplemental exams)
What is not included:
- Practical skill development workshop - Date TBA
Refund and cancellation policy:
No refunds for the course after 24 hours of purchase.